Thursday, January 24, 2013

Danny Rosenbaum Interview-Part 4

We finish up our interview with the Colorado Rockies pitcher Danny Rosenbaum today.
I have another interview ready to go early next week and three more that I am in the progress of conducting including one from the non-sports realm!

TRS: You recently got married (congrats!) have you and your wife given any thoughts about Denver and considerations about the area?

DR: Thank you. Yeah actually before all of this happened we have always wanted eventually to move out to Denver. So it's just kind of ironic that this happened.

TRS: Did you get the chance to attend the Xavier-Cincinnati game this season?If so,what was the atmosphere after the 2011 brawl? If you were at the fight game,please offer your thoughts on being there...

DR: No, I didn't get to go. But that fight changed the image of Xavier basketball. Not to many people know who and where Xavier is, but when I say they were the ones who had the big fight in 2011 they know exactly who and where it is. It's going to take a while to rebuild that program but I have faith. 
TRS:  Looking back a few years in the mirror,offer some thoughts of Hagerstown,the Muni and whether the town deserves to keep pro baseball with the team perhaps leaving town with the stadium issues..
DR: The muni has been there forever. The history behind is great. I think it deserves a team but it also deserves a renovation. So many stadiums today look like cathedrals. It's a work of art. And I think when that day comes its going to bring baseball in Hagerstown to a new level.
 
TRS: We wrapped up our last interview with asking about your faith and how it affects your career,Do you feel more of a role model now being on the cusp of the big leagues for young people of your faith and have you continued to have an easy time keeping a balance between the game and your faith?
 
DR: Yeah absolutely. I mean I had role models like Sandy Koufax, Shawn Green, Kevin Youkilis, and many others, so now it's my chance to be that for someone else. I haven't been as good as I should in balancing my faith just because its so hard to during the season. But when I'm home, I do what I can. Just being with my family on holidays is a special time for me and my wife.
 
Thanks again to Danny for his help and time in doing another interview with us.....

No comments: