Floyd Mayweather put on a masterful boxing performance in controlling Saul Alvarez and easily winning (with one exception) a decision in Las Vegas.
The majority win was only that due to one less than accurate judge,who somehow gave Alvarez six rounds.
I gave him just one and scored one even for a 118-110 win for Mayweather,who is running out of anyone capable of defeating him at 154 pounds or lower.
The big question is this-would Mayweather consider a jump to 160 pounds for a shot at another title against the world champion Sergio Martinez or the best fighter in the division Gennady Golovkin?
I would wager Mayweather would consider the former and want no part of the latter.
The undercard featured an upset as Danny Garcia won a unanimous decision over favored Lucas Matthysse.
Garcia used a massive swelling on Matthysse's eye to control the middle rounds and was credited with a knockdown in the 11th,which I thought was dubious.
I would not be against a rematch down the road,if Matthysse can put a few wins together.
I scored the bout 114-112 for Garcia.
Garcia may get the next shot at Mayweather and why not as he is deserving as anyone else is,although I don't think he will be competitive in the bout.
All and all,a night not filled with explosive action,but an entertaining evening of boxing anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ohio State rolls past Ball State
Unlike that school up North that won over Western Michigan in the biggest injustice since the 1972 Olympic Gold Medal game in basketball...
-
Some people have just been unlucky in life. It's hard to call Jose Luis Castillo unlucky in his career. After all, Castillo was a t...
-
We return to the Forgotten Superstars universe with an actual "Superstar" by name as our latest entry in the series. The recen...
-
Last year as the ballots for the boxing hall of fame was announced, I wrote about two fighters that deserved induction and had not receive...

No comments:
Post a Comment