Friday, September 20, 2013

Nicole Mitchell Interview-Part 5

I was doing some cleanup around here and discovered that I am A) a nitwit and B) Read A!
I say this because I never posted the final portion of our interview with Nicole Mitchell.
Since I posted the last part,Nicole has been hired by Al-Jazeera America as one of their on-air meteorologists and can be seen there on weekday mornings.

I have deleted a few questions that Nicole answered no comment to in order to compact space.
Thanks again to Nicole for taking the time and apologies from me for not finishing this earlier as I am ,after all, an idiot.

TRS: You were going to law school while at TWC and earned your degree from Georgia State,do you have any interest in practicing law?

NM:  I never planned to practice full-time. Most of the optional classes I took in law school related to social service, as a background for the types of volunteer work I have done. (At the time I was volunteering with CASA-Court Appointed Special Advocates, which advocates for abused and neglected children in the court system.)

TRS: How many hours a week did you have free between the reserves.TWC and law school? Was the time management difficult?

NM:Sometimes it felt like a negative number! Yes, I was very busy, but I like being busy and challenged.

TRS: Would you be willing to go to a local affiliate if that is what it took to re-enter the game?

NM:  I would consider any job that I thought would be a good fit for me.

TRS: What have you been doing since leaving TWC?

NM:  Among other things, I’ve had the time to do a lot more military work and be far more active during hurricane season.

TRS: What do you like to do in your spare time for fun?

NM: Hiking, reading, and spending time with my friends and family.

TRS: TWC has went downhill quickly since the NBC purchase with pushing less than talented (I'm referring to Stephanie Abrams) hosts beyond their abilities and a less than sharp focus on the weather with movies and reality shows. Any thoughts on the NBC decision making?

NM: Many…but I’ll leave it at that!

TRS: What is your stance on the ridiculous naming of winter storms that TWC has begun than the National Weather Service has brushed off?

NM:  I don’t know of any meteorologists who agree with that decision or who see it as more than a gimmick.

TRS:  Finally,if you look back to the beginning of your weather interest, did you ever see yourself getting to the point that you have?

NM: No, I never imagined some of the things I’ve had the opportunity to do. With that said, I believe in staying open to all possibilities, because sometimes life has an ever better plan for you than you might have thought of yourself!

TRS: Any thoughts on the Pat Tillman game (Flag football game to benefit veterans) that you played in? We cover Ohio State here regularly,what was your time with Urban Meyer like?

NM:  My favorite part was meeting and getting to spend time with a lot of other great veterans. And that all those people came out to support us was overwhelming! As for Coach Meyer…he definitely wanted to win.

Thanks again to Nicole for her time and best wishes in her return to TV with Al Jazeera..

Photo Credit:Nicole Mitchell



No comments: