Friday, September 26, 2014

Television Tryouts!

As long time readers know,I usually scan the new television shows and catch a few that for one reason or another have appeal for me to try.
It can be the premise,star or even genre to get me to try shows and usually I'll give each show three or four weeks to cement my viewerships.
Some stick for the long term,some stick for the short term and then fall by the wayside when I miss a few episodes and some just don't make it at all...

This year its four (Editor's Note-now Five) and I'll get back to you in which makes the cut in a month or so.

Madam Secretary-Sundays CBS.
This is a politically based show from the White House and I am a political junkie.
However,I never bothered with the West Wing,so this makes the tryout camp for one reason-Tea' Leoni,who I would wager that I rank at the top of her most loyal fan list.
Hell,I sat through the godawful Spanglish,didn't I?
We will see if the star power of Tea' Leoni can be enough to make this a TRS winner...

Gotham-Mondays Fox
This is a Batman "prequel" based around future Commissioner Gordon as a crime show and with some Batman track record tossed in.
Seems interesting as a comics fan and with Donal Logue (loved Life and Terriers with Logue as a co-star) as detective Harvey Bullock,Gotham was worth a few shows....

Scorpion-Mondays CBS
Scorpion is a show that looks like a team filled with geniuses that will fight crimes around the world yet cannot normally function in the everyday world.
Of the four shows on the surface,this looks like the one that is most likely to not make my cut.

Forever-Tuesdays-ABC
This one revolves around a medical examiner who is immortal and deals with the curse of such.
Only one person knows his secret (Judd Hirsch? LOU?) and he has another fellow with a similar problem chasing him too..
This show is likely the show that gets cut first as ABC has programmed it against the terrific Person of Interest on CBS and I would wager that the person that might like Forever may never give a chance because of already watching POI.

Editors Note-Late addition AKA I forgot
NCIS New Orleans-Tuesdays CBS
I don't watch either of the NCIS shows,but this one has appeal as Cherie and I were both huge fans of Quantum Leap and Scott Bakula.
Being that Bakula is the center of this series,I think this will be keeping itself around along with the convenience of being on right before Person of Interest.
As long as Cherie can handle "Sam Beckett" being another character,that is...

I'll try to be back in a month and give a report on the results...

No comments: