Sunday, February 15, 2015

A few notes

Just a few observations/notes on a very cold night/morning and boy,do I hate this weather.
Ugh,Just horrible.
I often say when the topic comes up-I could handle living in Canada until winter-those folks up there are a different breed.
They put up with this almost every day during this time of year-far tougher than I am when it comes to the cold.
I often think about going back to Ohio and I've kinda resigned myself that it likely will not happen for two reasons.
The first is that I want to stay close to the kids and unless they move away from here,I'm likely not going anywhere.
The other? It's colder there than here and this is too cold for me!!

Hoping to have my podcast equipment here soon.
The tracking says sometime today,but I'll believe that when I see it and I still need a USB cord too.
If all breaks perfect,I could have the first show early next week,if I can figure out what I am doing,that is....

I have some questions for a future Q and A ready and I still need to knock cards out to put away from last season,so there will be some signing fronts coming.
I always start the season well on the signing front and then the cards start to accumulate and I jsut get behind.
Once the season ends,then the urgency isn't so important....

Not sure,if I would have ever seen this coming,but I like to watch golf more than college basketball anymore.
Any of the three tours (PGA,Champions or LPGA) I enjoy watching and with my slowly decreasing interest in the college game-mainly to the loss of rivalries and the "one and done" players,I give golf the edge,
I do still enjoy the conference tournaments,especially the smaller ones and March Madness,but with a few exceptions,I just don't watch much during the regular season....

I also have begun to casually collect the 1965 Topps baseball set.
I rather doubt that I'll ever finish it,but visually the 1965 set is my favorite of the 60's and I decided to go after it.
The lovely Cherie was surprised as I usually collect things within my lifetime,but sometimes one mixes things up.
If I ever did a set from the 1950's though,it would not be one of the mainstream Topps sets-it would be either the 1951 Topps red and blue back sets or the Red Man chewing tobacco sets for sentimental reasons.
Don't bet on me doing either,although I might buy a few just for fun....

Finally,a short note on other things that I am adding to the collection soon-I need to add a 2014 National Champions Buckeye helmet to the mini helmet collection and another possibility is beginning to collect things from the Batman TV show.
The lovely Cherie has given the provisional OK for that-IF I get rid of some other things to make space.
I'm amenable to that,but not until things warm a bit.Just too cold to spend time in the attic......

No comments: