Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekend Fun & Missed inbox!

Photo credit:Mike Oravec
We now will attempt to clean the inbox with the non-sports version of our show,but before that allow me to tell you a little about my weekend.

I'm not sure whether or not,I've ever mentioned my fondness for the old Sohio gas station chains.
I have a tough time passing up Sohio collectibles on trips,but Sohio (which was just the Ohio version of Boron service stations) isn't the focus of this note.
Ashland oil and their service stations don't appear very often anymore,but a recent road trip with Mike Oravec to Uniontown PA for a card show saw this old station right on the Maryland/PA line with an Ashland sign.
Not sure,if they actually serve Ashland gas or just retained an old sign,but it was still neat to see.
This was quite a stop as it literally advertised "being able to sleep on the Mason/Dixon line" at a motel room rate of 19.95.
I wonder how many times those rooms are rented??
Great time with Mike and I finished my Pittsburgh Lumber Company bobblehead set with the addition of Rennie Stennett.
The Pirates gave away seven bobbleheads at various games a few years back and never was able to get Stennett,who was the final one given away....

On Saturday,Rachel and I attended a weather presentation by Jennifer Pagliei,the meteorologist that I stumbled onto at work on the Herald Mail network that is only available on Antietam Cable systems.
Since we are thrilled with Directv,I've only ever seen her work while I'm at work,but as a somewhat weather geek (Not like I as I was before the Weather Channel cut back on weather),I was interested enough to check it out at Discovery Station.
I had never been to the facility,which is more for kids obviously,but it had a nice section on baseball in Hagerstown.
That covered the Suns,the various previous teams and players from the area that played in the majors,so that was nice.
I enjoyed meeting Jennifer,who is super nice and likely won't be in this market long,as talented television personalities move onto bigger markets quickly and liked taking Rachel for some time together.
Not a bad morning at all!

I missed one sports note for the sports version of the inbox,so we can do an all non-sports version later this week,so here goes as ESPN W (their page for all women's sports) writes about the LPGA's "Free Spirit" in Jessica Korda.
You may remember Jessica as our "hostess" for the 2014 Pigskin Picking Machine and as the favorite LPGA player of TRS....

Back later tonight with the Devils against the Edmonton Oilers....


No comments: