Monday, March 23, 2015

Cleaning out the inbox

I was planning a larger post,but I'm going to delay it a bit due to a family issue with my parents,so I'll settle for a cleaning of the inbox.

Hardball Times hammers this pitch out of the park with a in-depth look at the managing record of one Charles Brown.
The fact that Brown retained his job over a 50 year run is frankly one of the most amazing stories in sports....

Recently I was talking to golf writer Pete Pappas about meeting players on the tour and Pete sent me this link from his blog,PGA Pappas about his meeting with Jack Nicklaus in 2013 at Akron's Firestone Country Club.
It is a super read about how sometimes your heroes measure up to your hopes of them.

Someone on Youtube finally uploaded the theme of the USFL San Antonio Gunslingers and I had to share it.
I've been looking for this since ESPN 30 for 30 on the USFL and former Gunslingers QB (and college coach) Rick Neuheisel sang a bit from the song.
I love stuff like this as it reminds of the my childhood when promotional commercials and songs were a much larger part of marketing than they are today....

If you listened to the last podcast where I spoke about the Monarch Butterfly,I discussed the problems currently with the Monarch habitat,well this site offers seeds for milkweed to add to the Monarch habitat for a very nominal cost.

That's all for today,back later tonight with the Devils vs the Kings

No comments: