Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy 8th Anniversary to us!

Time to admit it-I've been a bit unmotivated here the last few days.
Things starting to catch up to me,I guess.
I'll try to be more positive as I want to try another health revamp,although as long time readers know,the word "another" shows the lack of success in the past.
However,you cannot just roll over and stop,so lets see how this works out.

I haven't had much to write about either.
Two less than thrilling Devils losses on the road in Washington and Carolina,although the Washington loss was in overtime when my man Steve Bernier tied the game with less than a minute to play to force the extra period,but neither game was anything to write home.
At this point,the Devils are playing out the string (It's possible they could be officially eliminated from playoff contention today) and so am I as I look to the graphing and baseball season for entertainment.

Just when you get down though,you look and it hits you-today is our 8th anniversary!
Yep,eight years of doing this,which is pretty significant to me and covering lots of different stuff.
From various teams to issues to learning a little about me and my past,whether you have been with us from day one or recently,you have had lots of material to peruse.
I'll leave it up to you whether that is good material or not,but the archives are there.

I'm excited about the future here with the blog and the podcast-I'm enjoying doing both and I have some ideas for some fun things over the next year that I hope will be interesting.
It's going to be a good year,I believe.

Time for thanks and the list gets longer every year.
If I miss you,please forgive me,I'm at the road office,the last night of the work week and it tends to wear on you.
Of course thanks to the number one person in my life,the person that hatched this idea and the person that I live to make proud of me-the lovely Cherie.
Without her love and guidance,I would likely be nowhere.
Thanks to my children,Ryan,who sends me ideas for the inbox at times and Rachel,who talks Devils hockey with me as they add to the blog and are both terrific people.
I have been very blessed.
I've made many errors in my time,but all that's good came from one smart and lucky decision long ago.
I love you all.

Also some thanks to my friends.
Battlin' Bob and our sister blog might not get updates much anymore,but when it does I always roar laughing,
Bob plugs the blog and the podcast and I appreciate that and his friendship.

Thanks to my graphing pals,Derreck Chupak,Brad Adams,Bill Cover and Kendall Morris.
I have a terrific time spending my springs and summers on  the circuit with you talking the game and the hobby and you all have become good friends to me.
Special thanks to Doug Hopkins,who always calls me to see how I am,has been a great friend and gets me the soda that I can't find elsewhere!

Thanks to two more people
Denise Nicarry is a Suns fan (good) and a Nationals fan (Nobody's perfect),but I've appreciated her friendship so much and she reads the blog with a quick note when she likes something I've written,which always means so much to me.
Krista Anderson is someone that I've known since I was five and she's always been someone that I admired for being her own person and doing her own thing.
Krista has such an eclectic group of friends on Facebook that I often find things for the inbox just looking at her timeline.
Thanks to both Denise and Krista-you both in many ways are the big sisters that I've never had....

And thanks to our longest running fan in Big Don Cain along with Fred Landucci and Mike Lowry
These three gentlemen always take time to tell me when I write something that they enjoy and add a personal note as well.
With the podcast,I am still getting that type of feedback and it's always appreciated!

Thanks to the two best things that I have found since joining Twitter almost two years ago in Ramon Malpica and Julie Kendall.
Ramon is the boxing friend I haven't had in years and it's due to his example,encouragement and help with the technical issues that I have the podcast.
Julie is a person that thinks of others first and is helping me with better promotion and marketing of the blog/podcast.
Besides that,she is super nice to me and I so hope her career hits it big like she deserves.
Thanks again to both of you.

If I missed anyone,again I apologize.
My sincerest and deepest thanks to all of you for what you do for the blog,podcast and for me personally,you mean the world to me.
I'll keep plugging along on the road to number nine!




2 comments:

Kreesta67 said...

Eight years? That's terrific. Congrats! That represents a lot of time and work! Thanks for the kind words. It has been great reconnecting with you. You are part of my electicness, you know (that's a compliment). Is electicness a word?

Kreesta67 said...

ECLECTICNESS (don't have my glasses on, sorry)