Sunday, September 11, 2016
Ohio State dispatches Hurricane in thunderstorm
The Buckeyes intercepted four passes with Marshon Lattimore and Malik Hooker each returning picks for touchdowns.
The now 2-0 Buckeyes will visit Oklahoma next week.
This will be a shorter recap than normal for two reasons-one,I needed a nap before work because of the delay,so I missed the 4th quarter and second-I need the time for the Browns preview and our boxing wrapup
1) I just didn't understand why Tulsa head coach Phillip Montgomery didn't just run out the clock with roughly a minute to go and his team only down 13-3.
Instead,Dane Evans threw a bad pass,Marshon Lattimore grabbed and basically ended the game.
It was a bad pass by Evans,but a bad call by the head coach...
2) Malik Hooker is rapidly making fans forget Vonn Bell.
Hooker grabbed his third interception and showed the type of playmaking skills that elite safeties at the next level possess.
Granted,the opposition is Bowling Green and Tulsa to grade him on,but I really like what I have seen..
3) Another huge defensive stand came when Tulsa went on fourth and goal from the one.
Tulsa was down just 3-0 and I understand that decision,but the Buckeye defense stood tall and turned Tulsa away...
4) The offense did have first half struggles and the Buckeyes didn't throw for a touchdown,so there are concerns,but I still think there is a learning curve-it'll get better..
5) Now,we go to Oklahoma and some of the luster was lost with the Sooners loss to Houston.
However,Oklahoma knows that a loss from here on out likely ends any national title consideration
Should be a good one in Norman