Thursday, March 11, 2010

2009 Pirates Shadow Draft


Better late than never,here is our shadow draft for the 2009 Pirates.
Remember the rules are that I cannot pick a player that was not available when the Pirates chose in a particular round.
I will toss the picks out with this caveat-I will try to be as honest as possible and look back at how I would have picked them over the summer.
An example of this is the Pirates top pick Tony Sanchez.
Sanchez was a surprise pick and I was not wild about it,but his play thus far has shown he was deserving of the 4th overall selection.
So in all honesty,I wont be picking Sanchez in the shadow draft.
Fortunately,I have my notes for when this was SUPPOSED to be posted,so I can be as honest as possible.
If you want to compare how my 2007 and 2008 shadows have done thus far,click on the year.
I'll try to take a detailed look at them soon.

Round 1: Grant Green SS Southern Cal
Round 1 Supplemental (For not signing Tanner Scheppers in 2008):Tommy Joseph C Arizona High School
Round 2: Andrew Oliver LHP Oklahoma State
Round 3: Kyrell Hudson OF Washington High School
Round 4: Zach Dotson LHP Texas High School
Round 5: Shaver Hansen 3B Baylor
Round 6: Zack Von Rosenberg RHP Louisiana High School
Round 7: Cody Rogers OF Panola Texas Junior College
Round 8: Colton Cain LHP Texas High School
Round 9: Sequoyah Stonecypher OF Grossmont California Junior College
Round 10: Sam Honeck 1B Tulane

Photo Credit-Unknown

No comments: