Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us!


Three years old today.
I still am amazed that this has lasted so long,considering my track record of sticking with things.
I suppose that is because this is fun to do and I have always enjoyed looking back on my thoughts on things and how things actually turned out.

There are times that I run out of time to get this up every day and I wish I had more time to devote to this,maybe sometime I'll buy that laptop that I have been promising myself and truly kick this thing in high gear.
I enjoy the blog as this is not a chore for me for the most part and the key to doing things everyday is keeping it fun.
Now when I can figure out how to make exercise fun and make time for it,I'll drop some weight!

I have had people talk to me about the blog and offer this suggestion most of all-If you would specialize in one thing,readership numbers would move higher.
They may be true,but that would be one dimensional and I don't think that this would have made three years had I taken their advice.
Readership moved up a bit over the last year and hopefully,we can make a similar jump by the time we hit year number four.
I am always disappointed in the lack of comments that we get on the blog,but few things have made me feel better than when I get a email from reader that wants my thoughts on something and that is just as good as a comment to me.

One of the things that I have taken the most pride in is that two people have become Devils fans because of the blog.
Hockey has become a niche' sport and making new fans is a must.
So,I feel good about that,even though I know that our Devils coverage is not really what some of our readers come around most for.

I have also taken pride in bringing interviews to the blog and I never stop in trying to bring more of them here.
The most popular search to bring people here over the last year was "Erik Arnesen Baseball" and those interviews (especially the first) put us on the map,so to speak even if we are just a speck on that map.

Finally in wrapping up,I would like to thank a few people for their contributions.
The lovely Cherie sends me non-sports links on occasion and this was her idea to begin with.
Ryan gives me column ideas without him knowing it with the bull sessions that we share.
Rachel has become more involved as she is working on a logo for the blog that she is designing.
Thanks to Battlin' Bob for his constant plugs for us (Check Bob's blog out at the links page) and thanks to all of you that read us either every day or when the headline catches your eye.

Here is to another year!

Back later with a look at the Devils pathetic loss in Philly

No comments: