Monday, February 18, 2013

Jordan Conley Interview-Part 5

We finish our interview with Jordan Conley today.
We will be covering today's Devils-Senators game and will starting another interview later this week.
Thanks again to Jordan Conley for taking the time to share his thoughts with us.

TRS: Have the Marlins asked you to work on anything in the off season?

JC: Every year they give us an off-season workout packet and ask us what our goals are for next season. We combine our own goals with some recommendations from them and come up with a plan. Usually it includes fitness type stuff like gaining weight or strengthening something like your lower body or working on flexibility. For pitchers it includes an off-season throwing program, when to start throwing, how far to throw, and how long to throw. Then later getting into bullpen sessions.

TRS: Do you attend any Xavier basketball games in the off season?

JC: Honestly I haven't been to a Xavier game since I went there. even when I went there I probably went to 2 games. If you are a student at Xavier you have to wait in line the day prior to the game to get a ticket and sometimes even camp out for tickets. With an extensive baseball practice schedule this was just not possible. The students there are crazy about the basketball program, some might of even of based their whole decision to come to Xavier on the basketball. I wasn't even going to try to compete with those nuts to get a ticket.

TRS: What do you do in the downtime as a hobby to get away from baseball?

JC: During the season there really isn't much downtime but when there is a rare off day I like to go fishing or hopefully if my wife is in town we go do something like going to the movies or have a nice dinner which is great after eating post game spreads every night. In the off-season I work with a guy who does home improvement and an occasional full house rehab. I love working on homes and would like to get into flipping houses someday. I obviously love sports as well and root on all the hometown teams: Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes, Bearcats, and Musketeers. I am also a man of faith and like going to church. I thank God everyday for the gift I've been given. When the baseball season becomes a grind you just have to think of how many other people would love to be doing what you have the opportunity to do. When you play baseball for as long as I have it becomes part of your identity as a person. It's what you do and what your known for but really it's not what matters in life. What really matters is your relationship with Jesus Christ because he is the only one that knows your future. If baseball was taken away and I was done I would be fine. He has a plan for me and he would never lead me into something I can't handle as long as I am faithful to him.

 TRS: Finally,you are known for some strong political opinions,do you see yourself as politically active or just concerned about the direction of country today?

JC: I love politics and am not afraid to let people know how I see it and voice my opinion on the topic. I am very concerned about our country and am very afraid we are losing sight of the morals that our country is based on. We need God in our country that is the key in which we are losing sight of and you can see where that's taking us. We could be in the middle of the the worst presidency in our history. We have no rights anymore case and point is making a national healthcare system mandatory. Now Obama wants to bypass Congress to ban guns. That is not a Democracy that is a dictatorship or a monarchy. The very thing most of our ancestors fled. Taking guns away started the Revolutionary War. Hitler banned guns and look what he did. Chicago banned handguns and their crime rate went up. He has added more debt than all the other presidents combined. I just don't understand how the American people can't see what is going on here. I feel like we are uninformed by liberal media and people are more interested in a celebrity as president and are oblivious to the facts. I just wish these people good luck finding a decent job and hope the people who are getting a smaller paycheck because of the new taxes in place realize their mistake. I pray for the direction of our country. I don't know why we're going down this path but God has a reason for everything.

Thanks again,Jordan!
Photo Credit:Jordan Conley

No comments: