Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sometimes I just don't get it

Sometimes I just don't understand what I do here.
I do this because I enjoy it, it's fun getting my thoughts and ideas on the various teams that I root for on "paper" and have those down for perpetuity for whatever version of the web exists after my time.
But last night/this morning is one of those things that makes me laugh, chuckle, and shake my head in wonder.

Readership goes up and down and as much as I wish I could make readership explode, I've come to terms with having a core bunch and extras here and there, but somethings I write for me, some I write for you, and yet others just happen.
So last night, when it was a slow night in the sports world and for the teams we cover, I took about 15 minutes to toss together a fun little post (located below) on 1970's teen idols and didn't think much of it.
Until last night at the road office.
When I discovered that yesterday for a post that took a short time to do and not a ton of thought finished in the top five posts for hits in a day in the history of the blog!

As I told my friend Tricia-let me get this straight-I can write a nuanced opinion on America's role in space and get crickets but mention the damn Bay City Rollers (yes, that is Witchiepoo with them) and I get a top five day EVER?
Frankly, I'm confused.
Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I'll take whatever I can get in readership, and maybe with luck, I might keep a few of them around, but it makes me wonder about things.
I am not ending or anything or even rethinking things, but I just laugh and wonder.

I've been told before that I'd better served to settle on one team and cover them or even one sport.
Baseball and the Browns seem to do the best, but I like what I do and if readership never hits it big-I'm Ok with that, it just makes me wonder what people like and how I can better get it to them.
It might be writing more about the Bay City Rollers!!!!

No comments: