Friday, November 22, 2013

Still Missing

Another surprising West Coast win that I missed by the Devils from the road office and leaving in the middle of the Saints win (I hate Thursday night football),left me with little to do other than a few little things.

I spent much of last night rearranging baseball card boxes.
Big deal right?
Well,I was outgrowing the spot that I keep my minor league stuff for graphing and I need to buy some more boxes for the final off season of Hagerstown Suns baseball-thanks to all the clowns that teamed up to cause that.
Yet,another big deal,right?
However,moving the boxes around meant some reflection and I'm sure that must sound silly too.
But besides those boxes on the left where new boxes will go was was Teddy's favorite spot.
Right besides our aging PC and under the desk,the PC gave him warmth in the winter and a cool spot to lie in on warm days,that spot was Teddy's and it's stayed that way for the last few months.

Teddy was such a part of my (ours) lives and every day I think of something he did,"said" or just pop in a random memory and I cannot get that back or even fill that hole.
Maybe another dog could eventually enter and create their own space,but they will never have what Teddy had.
Wally Schirra once said after the Apollo one fire that we mourn the loss,but we don't wear the black armband forever.
Filling that slot might be the beginning of healing.
Teddy is still so so missed and with the first holiday season without him since 1999 on the horizon,I doubt that will get any better in the immediate future,but that will always be his spot,whether cards are there or not.

I'm at the work office now and I'll be working on that area for the next few days and thinking of my friend as I do it.
See you soon......


No comments: