Saturday, January 18, 2014

Looking to the spring

With an inch of snow falling during the night and Opening day still two and a half months away,ones thoughts does wander towards spring and the seasons goals for the ballpark visitor/grapher.

I have one big trip planned that I won't comment on yet,but I do have a few new parks that I hope to hit this year.

Looks like one new park will be Akron.
Rachel wants to do the "Duck Tape Festival" in Avon,Ohio and the newly dubbed Rubber Ducks are the only team home during that weekend.
Lake County would have been a better graphing option as Akron can be gotten at Harrisburg,Altoona or even Bowie if needed,but Akron is the only team in the area to be home.
I have been to Canal Park,but only for a merchandise run and the team did allow some pictures as we walked around the park.
Assuming that works out,Akron would move from the "been there,but not for a game" to the "game" list.

My area that stretches from parks that I have not been to stands at this currently- Closest team that I have not been to-North-Scranton (AAA Yankees),South-Richmond (AA Giants) and West-Charleston (Low A Pirates).
I'd like to stretch that circle a bit with hitting at least one of them in 2014.

I'm not sure if this will happen with time/money,but I am hoping to hit Jamestown NY this season.
This will be the last season for the NY/Penn league Jammers as they will be moving to a new ballpark in Morgantown WV for 2015 and it is unlikely that Russell Dietrick Stadium will bring baseball back.
Even if Jamestown was able to land a new team eventually,a new stadium will be in order.
I still kick myself for not getting to Granger Stadium in Kinston NC,so if possible I really want to make that run.

The final park that I hope to get would occur if I get to Jamestown,I could hit another team in the area if the schedule falls right.The closest would be Erie,but other possibilities depending on the route include Binghamton,Scranton,Syracuse,Buffalo and Batavia (another endangered team).
It just all depends on how much I want to travel and what way we go.

Two All-Star games in store for 2014 as Derreck and I will be hitting the Eastern League All-Star game in Altoona and the Carolina/California League game in Wilmington Delaware.
I'm especially looking forward to getting some of the prospects from the Cal league that are difficult to for me to get.

Toss that in with the final season of baseball in Hagerstown,the circuit in Frederick and Harrisburg and 2014 looks like a fun year coming up.
If it only would get here.....


No comments: