Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cleaning of the inbox-Non Sports edition

More of the inbox cleaning as the pile just keeps piling higher,so we'll try to get to work on it today!

David Letterman announced his retirement from the late night CBS slot effective sometime next year.
Letterman was always my choice in the late night wars,although I must admit that I rarely watch the talk shows anymore.
Letterman was an icon to my generation and look for a post before his retirement on his impact on my teenage years with his groundbreaking NBC program.
Plus it gives me an excuse to use a Kenny the Gardener video :)


Ryan sends me me this article from NPR on the former Andy Warhol star "Baby" Jane Holzer and what became of her after Warhol.
To be honest,Ryan is much more of a Warhol enthusiast than I,but I remember Holzer better from her almost comatose singing appearance on Hullabaloo.


Looks like another dwarf planet found outside of Pluto.
As New Horizon gains ground on its 2015 arrival at Pluto,it's going to be fun to see just what we'll see in the Kuiper Belt.

Goodbye to comedian David Brenner,who died last month at the age of 78.
Brenner was once a popular comedian,who held the record for the most guest hosting appearances on the Tonight Show and was considered a future candidate to host the show when Carson retired.
Brenner attempted his own late night show,which failed and his star began to dim thereafter...

Goodbye to Jim Lange at the age of 81.
Lange was best known as host of the Dating Game,which as a young child,I liked on half school days on ABC.
Between the banter and innuendo,which was beyond me,the catchy theme music and the Lange goodbye kiss at the conclusion of the show,the Dating Game was a kitschy watch in the 70's and ran through the 80's,although without the same success.
There were a few hosts of the show after Lange,but the show is best remembered with Lange at the helm with the wide polyester lapeled suits that one could land a plane on!



No comments: