Monday, December 21, 2015

League Park

I'm still not at total liberty to discuss my recent reasons for visiting Cleveland last week,but I can discuss one small part of the visit-taking a little downtime to check out the former home of the Indians and recently renovated for local use-League Park.

Ryan came out for the last day and he and I took a break to find League Park and the famous Slyman's Deli and their reportedly awesome Corned Beef.
We missed Slyman's by 15 minutes (considering the time I had,I should have thought to have looked up their hours of operation) as they close at 2;30 for the day.
Now that I think about it-I'm really stupid for not looking it up!



 I've had notes on the city of Cleveland in "cleaning out the inbox" fixing League Park up in the Hough neighborhood (which is somewhat famous for riots in the 1960's) and one of the notes that I've read from others visits to League Park (before and after sprucing up) is about what a rough area League Park is located at.
I'm far from a city guy,but I didn't see people hanging around on corners or anything bad going on.
I've seen worse here in Hagerstown actually,but maybe it was just our lucky day.
Ryan commented how much cleaner Cleveland was than many of the cities that he goes to and how impressed he was.
I found out later from a resident that Cleveland has spent a massive amount of dollars to clean things up for the Republican convention coming up this summer,so maybe you might want to stop in Cleveland while things are good.

Anyway,the league is locked up when not in use and there is an on-site museum that is open on Saturdays to see.
The locked fence is why the pictures have been taken through the fence,so my apologies there.
The field has been rebuilt to the exact configuration of the field from its time with the Indians.
It's really sharp and imagine the fun along with good for the game that others cities could do with similar projects.

More pictures below and I still have posts on Cleveland whenever I get the call that I have the OK...

No comments: