Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Day after

Normally,the day after Christmas is not a day loaded with things to write about.
There isn't a ton of sports to write about,despite the NBA's effort to make it more of a basketball day.
Actually,unless Christmas falls on a weekend (it will in 2016),it will be void of a football presence and football holds center stage at this time of the year...

I did watch the Cavaliers loss to Golden State,but I did so while visiting my parents,so while I watched the game,I didn't watch it with enough detail to write about it.
I do think despite the Warrior win that I saw enough to say that once the Cavaliers have smoothed out the kinks with the returning Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert that no matter the Warriors record-Cleveland can beat them in a seven game series....

I did pretty well on Christmas Day.
My ladies that take care of me every day stunned me with my first ever pair of Beats headphones.
They are wired,so clumsy me will need to make that adjustment to keep from having them fly off my head with my fidgety nature,but they are really nice.
I also got a neat looking jacket in an army green that is going to come in super handy on those April and May baseball nights where it gets chilly.
Toss in another season of Person of Interest on DVD,a badly needed Giants travel bag to replace my warrior of a gym bag which finally is showing signs of wearing down after over 15 years of heavy everyday use and I was pretty pleased.

This was a different Christmas as I bought things that were on my list before hand and as a result,it was like getting extra presents.
I bought a Giants hoodie for those same cold nights.
This one is a pullover,where my other hoodies are zip ups,so it does fill a need and I bought it late in the Christmas season with a 30 percent off along with a free shipping offer that made it reasonable for me to buy...

I also asked for Strat O Matic baseball or football for the PC as I was finally ready to make the leap from the beloved dice and card game to the PC.
A sale resulted in me saving 25 percent on the game and I am thrilled with it as it came with the 2014 game and another sale later on other seasons saw me add the 1969 season while I was sitting in Cleveland.
I've been playing like crazy and there will be a review coming in the future on SOM on the PC,the good,bad and everything else in the near future...

Even work hasn't been too bad this week,so this has been a pretty good Christmas,so let's hope to keep things rolling into the new year.
Hope you and yours enjoyed your holiday as well!!!





No comments: