Thursday, March 29, 2018

Happy Anniversary!

Eleven years is a long time.
Today, TRS celebrates its eleventh year.

I still think that I do a pretty decent job churning out material close to every day and last year was my all-time high for posts in a year

I enjoy covering the teams here and even though I've watched a lot less Devils hockey since Rachel lost interest, I'll still be back covering any playoff action I think.

I really do like writing the cleaning out the inbox columns, both in sports and out of the sports world and the occasional Forgotten Superstars posts as well.
I think I enjoyed writing the three USFL posts as much as anything that I did last year here and I'm thinking of trying to write some other similar posts later in the year.

I like talking autographs (even if I never got around to putting the last season's autographed cards away) and I like writing about the trips that I take with my friends too.
Those trips are fun on so many levels, but as much as I like them, part of what I wind up enjoying as well as being able to look back on them with the journal that resides here.
Memories do fade a bit and even more as we age, but having those trips with so many different friends and family to look back on here is just wonderful.
It's fun a few times a year or when something makes me think of a memory from one of those trips, looking it up and almost always, I'll read something that I had forgotten about.
This happened recently when I was planning a trip to Hickory NC and Lynchburg VA- two stadiums that I have visited before-in year one of the blog.
Ten years later, I'll be returning to those towns with Fred and Michael Landucci and I looked up those trips here.
Floods of great memories came pouring back to me of the other trip with Ryan and Battlin' Bob and the laughter that ensued.
I'd love to take another one with those two sometime!
The point is, it's just great having a place to read about those memories rather than only thinking about them.
After that trip, I was never able to think about NASCAR driver Dale Jarrett without laughing and thanks to Battlin' Bob for that!!

I do have some special thanks to the loyal readers in Big Don Cain and Fred Landucci, my wonderful wife Cherie, who actually thought of the idea to do this eleven years ago and the various people that talk to me about this, the occasional podcast and Fightheads with Ramon Malpica.
Thanks to all of you that read my work, whether consistently, occasionally or like some more topics more than others.

Eleven years is a long time to stick to something like this and sometimes I wonder just how many memories and flashbacks that I can write about before running out.
We'll see if we can make it through to year twelve...

Today is opening day and I might do some coverage of the openers.
I'll try to find time for some previews and if not, at least a prediction...

2 comments:

Mike said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Turd Ferguson sends his regards!!!

Shawn said...

Thanks Bob!!!