Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Podcasts? We've got Podcasts!!

Podcasts, you say?

Well, my podcast tenure has been up and down (running out of dollars for the TRS podcast for one) and my tenure on Fightheads- the live show.

I loved doing the live show, but Ramon and I had stated that we were still going to be around in various formats and we are.
You can find my occasional podcast, Ramon's "Mind of Malpica" and our shows together here and be sure to give an ITunes review too.
Ramon says it helps to move us up the ranking etc, so help us out if you can.
I knocked a single PC out last weekend talking about boxing and the Browns and we did one together a while back.
I plan to do one or two solo's each week and I want to bring back guests on my solo appearances very much like the old show, so thanks to Ramon for allowing me to do that and our shows together as well.

There's more than just Ramon's podcast and mine in this post though, so here's a few more of interest (pun intended) that we have listened to and enjoyed of late!

Starting with "Nerd Appropriate" and their 300th episode where they landed Amy Acker ( "Root" of Person of Interest and therefore the above pun) for their show.
If you aren't a fan of POI or Amy's current show "The Gifted" or are unfamiliar with her other work,
you might remember her as last year's face of the PPM.
As an Acker fan, I really enjoyed this and she comes off as someone totally unfazed by fame and as one of the nicest people in show business-Now that would be someone I'd love to have on the "New" TRS podcast.

Another interesting listen was posted on Twitter as one of their past podcasts with Rebecca Jarvis of ABC News and her "No Limits" with guest Erica Hill of CNN/HLN.
I've always liked Hill going back to her early days at CNN before she traveled to the networks before returning back to the "Turner" networks and I prefer her to all the CNN anchors in the afternoon when her HLN show airs.
My biggest issue with HLN, which makes sense with the name of their network as Headline News, is seeing the same items over and over again, so I don't watch it often, but Hill would be great with CNN and an afternoon slot.
Hill talks about the news game, the problems for women in the field and mistakes that she has made, which I thought was refreshingly honest.

And it wouldn't be a podcast post without a sports one and here is a two-part episode that I loved as "Good Seats" spends two and a half hours with author Mark Speck (another person I'd love to have as a guest) talking about the World Football League.
Good Seats is a podcast that you are going to see a lot here at TRS as they deal with defunct sports leagues and as they write "What used to be in professional sports", so look for more on future podcast posts or cleaning out the inbox segments.
I'm not sure if I mentioned it here (I know I did on social media), but I was given a WFL game ball recently by a friend and I play WFL games on the time on my Action Football game, so for me, I loved listening.
Speck has written two books on the WFL that I'd love to read that I haven't been able to yet, but they aren't available on Kindle and they are pretty pricey to boot.
Part one can be found here and part two in this location.

Hope you found a podcast or two to listen and maybe even Fightheads, I think this will become an
occasional fixture here, so send me a podcast that I might find interesting and it might wind up in a future post.

No comments: