Sunday, December 19, 2010

Baby,I don't care.

The New Jersey Devils didn't bother to care last night in Atlanta,so why should I with this post.
The Thrashers whipped the (Choose any of these or all for all I care) disinterested,uncaring,undisciplined,crummy,brainless (in a hockey sense) Devils 7-1 in Atlanta.
Ilya Kovalchuk scored the only goal (8 power play) in a game that saw little effort,enthusiasm,or anything from the Devils,who looked as clueless as a befuddled John MacLean on the bench.
Unreal,I am tempted to skip Hell Raisers as they didn't care enough,so why should I,but here goes anyway...
The Devils are off until a Tuesday visit to Washington,where I will be attending the game.
Gee,I hope I enjoy it as much as this one.

Hell Raisers

1) This team stinks.
Worse yet,they have mailed it in and they know it.

2) John MacLean has to know that his time is either numbered or that the teams roster will be radically altered soon in order for him to stay.
MacLean's closing offering in a 63 second press conference was this- “I’ve got nothing else for you guys.”
He knows that things have to change and the question is this-Is he the change or others.

3) I wrote yesterday about Nashville playing Devils hockey and the defense with the exception of Anton Volchenkov played about as physical as melted custard.
Note that I didn't say Volchenkov played well,but did hit the occasional Thrasher.

4) This note says it all-A HAT TRICK for ERIC BOULTON!!!!????

5) Eric Boulton,who entered the game with one goal all year.
Eric Boulton,who scored two goals ALL LAST SEASON!
Not much more I can add to that.

6) The team hasn't been fighting much lately and could be contributing to being pushed around,but at least Travis Zajac tried last night.
Zajac had just one fight in his career before the game,dropped the gloves and gave it a go.
Add Zajac's name to the short list that I would like to see stay.

7) Did I say this team stinks????

Photo Credit-AP

No comments: