Thursday, January 13, 2011

On the signing front

We finally finish 2010 with a whole bunch of thanks!

If I credited the wrong person with help,please accept my apologies as I should have noted them and not gone on total memory.

In no order at all other than how they are coming off the pile,Thanks to-

Jason Christensen,who sent me an Auburn Doubledays set signed!
Jason also helped me with a New Britain set and gave me others that were too numerous to mention,along with his huge help with the Altoona Curve,which featured Andrew Lambo,who had been just obtained from the Dodgers and was a huge pickup.
Notable players were Ben Revere and Bill Bullock (New Britain) and Rudy Owens,Bryan Morris and Chase D'Arnaud (Altoona).

Big Don helped me with some Altoona players as well with D'Arnaud,Owens,Jordy Mercer and Josh Harrison as the standouts.

The always reliable Bill Cover helps me out throughout the year and in this batch,Bill helped me with with Harrisburg players Steve Lombardozzi (I can still hear Karl Micka-Foos screaming that name!),Michael Burgess and one of my all time favorite Suns in Marvin Lowrance.

Tom O'Brien always comes up big for me and his stuff in this batch was great!
Bowie Baysox,Akron Aeros,a few late season callups from Altoona and Portland and great stuff from Indy ball as well.
Notables include Xavier Avery,Brandon Waring and Caleb Joseph (Bowie),Bryan Morris (Altoona),Alex White,Nick Hagadone,Kelvin De La Cruz and the elusive Lonnie Chisenhall (Akron),Anthony Rizzo (Portland),Andy Etchebarren,Danny Cox and Willie Upshaw (Indy Ball).

Chris Rodgers helped me with a few players from the Charlotte Knights with the best pickup being manager and former Indian Chris Chambliss.
Chambliss was special to me as his signature was the player on the glove that I used all through youth baseball.
Jordan Danks also signed his CL prospect card among others.

The "Superfan" David Sloan swapped me a Kurt Angle signature and the daughter of the late Kerry Von Erich,Lacey in a small trade.

Jeff Heimberger had Jimmy "The Boogie Woogie Man" Valiant sign three cards for me at my brother's local Indy wrestling show.

I had a few come in through the mail with former Cardinal pitcher John Stuper and former Browns tackle Doug Dieken signing.

Ebay even added one as I grabbed a certified Spencer Haywood for cheap.
Haywood was a star in both the ABA and NBA.

But the biggest one of all goes to Travis Aldous.
Travis traded me one of my "Mt.Rushmore" wants in Jack Nicklaus for a signed team set of Lakewood.
This one was the biggest this season and thanks to Travis for the help!

The previous "Rushmore" was Nicklaus,Sandy Koufax,Jim Brown and Bobby Orr.

Who will replace Nicklaus?
The huge score would be the late Pete Maravich,but if we keep it to the living,it looks to be Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or maybe Phil Mickelson.

Thanks again to each and every one of you for all the help from 2010!

No comments: