Monday, June 20, 2011

Coming back Crabby!!!

The long grind ends tonight.but with one night off and then six more in a row on the horizon,things are far from through.
It looks like it might be like this (although maybe not to this degree) for most of July and maybe into August.
This has ruined much of the summer for baseball except the local teams,but the benefits of taking care of things now will make things easier for the fall coverage.

I'll use this for a general update of things and then hope to get some more thoughts up on Wednesday when I have some time to catch up further.
Some of those thoughts may be a bit dated after all this,but hopefully still worth reading....

Setting the lack of time for anything other than baseball and sleep aside,the lack of Pirate coverage truly did come down to a combination of bad luck and disinterest.
The Pirates series in Houston is always a tough go unless they are there on off nights and the series against the Indians is always a must miss as I simply do not enjoy it.
I will see tonight's game against Baltimore,but coverage here is unlikely due to lack of time.
I am going to the SAL All-Star game tomorrow and leaving soon after work,so time to type is likely to be non-existent.

Had a great time at my parents yesterday.
First time that I have had blue crabs in years and the food and company were excellent.My brother and his girlfriend/children were there and I had a nice time spending the day with them.
The best part was teaching the lovely Cherie and Rachel how to take care of the crab as they had never had them.I tried to prep them by telling them that it was far more labor intensive than just the larger snow crab legs for less meat,so I did try anyway!
I played more of the official Ohio state game (Euchre) than I have in years there and it was nice to know that I was still awful at it!
Thanks to my dad for allowing us to share his Father's Day with him.

Also congrats to Ryan and his new fiance' Ashley on their engagement.
That's right,not only is my little boy out of the house,he'll be married soon.
Imagine having me for a father in law-Ashley-Good Luck and is there any chance that I can attend the ceremony on closed circuit and not have to hang around anyone???
But seriously,best wishes to them and I look forward to getting to know my newest family member better.

I am hoping to have a look at the Devils and Cavaliers draft previews up before the respective drafts on the Thursday and Friday,so of the planned posts,those two have top priority.

I'll try to whip things into shape soon and get things back here to the way that they should be with a post of goodbyes,a story or two and maybe even more.
Hang in there and things will be getting better...

No comments: