Friday, June 24, 2011

Two drafts down.One to go

The month of the draft junkie dreams concludes tonight with the New Jersey Devils holding the fourth pick in the NHL Draft.With the Pirates and Cavaliers each holding the top pick and the Devils in rare form at fourth overall,the draft season has been fun for me.
I am first to tell you that I am not knowledgeable about the NHL drafts compared to the other three league drafts,but I always try to find out as much as I can about players that should be available around the Devils pick before the draft,so I have an idea of what to expect.

With the Devils at four,the player that I hope to see fall is Swedish defenseman Adam Larsson,who is the best blueliner in the draft.This draft seems to be fairly equal in talent among the top five or six players and things could fall that way for the Devils,although I would not be surprised if they would not.
If Larsson is gone,I am hoping for Sean Couturier,a 6'4 center who entered the season as the top prospect in the draft,but has slipped a bit.
If both of those two are available, then that means either center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (who I expect to go to Edmonton at one) or Swedish left winger Gabriel Landeskog has slipped and I would love either player...

This is a rare chance for the Devils to add a top five prospect to their system and I am sure that the Devils will likely select from the four players above and take advantage of a down season to the best of their ability....

No comments: