Thursday, March 13, 2014

Danny Rosenbaum Interview-Part 4

We wrap up our interview with Danny Rosenbaum today with the final questions on our table.
Thanks to Danny for the time and best wishes in Syracuse and hopefully Washington this season..

TRS: Did the Nationals ask you to work on anything over the winter?


DR: Not really, but I knew that I needed to fix a lot of things which I
did. As soon as I got home, I started working with my old pitching
coach from high school. And he really helped me change a lot my
mechanics for the better.

 TRS:Tell me a little about your off season
visit to Dubai. How did that come about?

 DR:It was an awesome experience.
I've always wanted to go. The people who put on the Reds camps needed
a player to go with them, so they asked me. I got to help run a
baseball camp and work with some great kids over there. Most of the
kids at the camp were from the U.S. I got to see some awesome
architecture. We went up in the tallest building in the world, went on
a desert safari and got to me some great people. 

TRS:Did you play any
winter ball,if so where?

DR: Yes in Venezuela. Pretty different
experience. 

TRS:We wrap up with your faith. You've talked about its
importance in the past, please talk about how it's helped you in
dealing with the ups and downs of the game...

 DR: In the Jewish religion
it's about family. And my family has always been there for me. They
support everything I do and help me when ever I need them. They pick
me up when I'm down and keep grounded when I'm doing well. If I call
and complain to my wife, she just tells me to get over it and move on.
It's a game. Not many people get to play a game for their job. She
reminds me to have fun and be a competitor. My parents have always
been my number one fans and are on call whenever I need to talk to
someone else.

No comments: