Saturday, March 29, 2014

Happy 7th Anniversary!

Today is our seventh anniversary of doing this little blog.
It is hard to believe that this has been around for seven years and things have changed a little through the years.
We still cover things,but the day to day coverage of baseball has dropped off since I go to more minor league games now.

I autograph more and watch fewer major league games,due to time constraints,but I am enjoying more things as well.

I'm trying to make more of an investment in time here and I've tried through the years to vary things a bit.

We are mainly sports,but not always and I like talking about my life,my family and issues not sports..
I get such a good reaction from the stuff like Cleaning out the inbox or our interviews and that makes me feel good about what I do.
It never ceases to amaze me when someone comes up to me and mentions something I wrote here or telling a friend something and they say "I know that-I read it in your blog".
I always feel good when that happens.

The blog has evolved and readership is up a little over the last six months,but it's never going to be what I had hoped for.
I never messed with advertising here and I do a pretty bad job of marketing this,although I'll be passing out business cards soon as Rachel bought me 200 of them for my Christmas gift,but all and all,I'm pretty pleased.

I look at this as leaving a record about me,my likes and dislikes and a little about my past.
For whatever the net becomes,this is a record for the people that I care about and some that don't even exist of what I've thought about and what I am all about.
That was not the original intent,but it is a welcome surprise to what I thought this would be.

A few thanks and if I forget someone,I apologize.

Thanks foremost to the lovely Cherie,who gave me the original idea to do this seven years ago and tolerates the crazy life that I lead.
Thanks to Rachel,who has become quite the sports fan and I enjoy watching games with her so much.
Thanks to my graphing buddies,Derreck Chupak,Bill Cover,Kendall Morris,Mike Oravec and Brad Adams.
Your friendship has been important to me and the fun that I have over the summers now has been a blast.
Thanks to Battlin" Bob and our unofficial sister blog.I don't get to see Bob as much as I used to,but still nice to know he is around,Ha Ha.
Thanks to our biggest fan here at the blog,Big Don,who is always around with a kind word and ideas to write about.
Thanks to Luke Erickson at Nationals Prospects,who always gives us some pub when I do something related to the Suns or the Nationals system.
Thanks to my new friend,Ramon Malpica,who has added so much to our boxing coverage.
And finally thanks to the readers-thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts on sports and "other important items".

See you next year for number eight.


No comments: