Thursday, October 2, 2014

Happy 18th to Rachel

My daughter turns 18 today.
It's a day for celebrations,yet a melancholy day as well.

The miracle baby has grown into a young woman that has overcome challenges and yet has become one of the best people I know by working through them.

Everyone that Rachel says that she has so much of my personality (To my future son in law-wherever you are,I sincerely apologize) and as frustrating as that can be in dealing with someone so like yourself,Rachel has a pureness of spirit that makes her special.

Rachel has a heart that is pure like her mom and those two are the best people that I know and I'm very proud to have her as my daughter.
Her creative skills with her crafts and videos are beyond anything that I could do and someone out there is going to be very lucky someday to have her in their life.
Her work with dogs with the much missed Teddy and currently with Ed is a special touch and I wish that people could see how well she works with animals.

I look back at my children and I am quite proud of both,but we had to go through so much more to bring Rachel into this world,so naturally she is very special to me.
I have had three various parenting runs and each have been different.
Nine years with Ryan in my twenties cemented a relationship that saw Ryan grow up as I did.
The years in the middle having Ryan develop into a teenager and adult with Rachel being in her developing years and the final one right now after Ryan left home with Rachel becoming a young woman have all had their interesting times,but the last few years might be the best of my life.

I'd wasn't fortunate enough to have a sister in my life growing up (my sister died when I was one).so living with a young lady has been a new experience for me,but being taken care of the ladies in my life has easily been the best time for me.
My life is stress-free  as far as the home life goes and when I hear friends of mine talking about this or that,I'm often clueless because I just don't have any of that.
Trust me,they can keep it too!

I wound up almost smashing a mailman on the day Rachel was born and I look back at the person that I was 18 years (I was 28) ago and compare to the person that I am today,the difference is stunning.
Not physically,although that's been a change too,but I've grown up more too,although many would wonder about that!
I've been fortunate enough to have raised my children without any of the crazy things that can happen to any child these days and while some of that has been simply luck,Cherie and I have raised two pretty good people.

Today is a day that makes you tear up a bit,but it's a good tear.
My little girl has now grown into a official adult,but no matter how good or bad the times of her life will be-she'll always be my little girl and have daddy waiting for her call whenever he's needed......

No comments: