Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Five players I love in Fantasy Football

 Most of you that play fantasy football are preparing to draft your teams.
Our league has already done so,this won't be tipping anyone off to affect my league.
This installment features five players that I love,if a player is a "love" more for a keeper league than a current one,I'll note that.
These also aren't players that are considered stars to the average fan,although they may be soon!
The plan is for a five players I hate as early as tomorrow...

1) Todd Gurley RB St.Louis Rams
I love Todd Gurley and I backed it up as I selected him as my first pick in our draft (We keep four offensive and three defensive players) that I obtained in a trade at the 2014 draft.
On my scouting charts (I know,I need more of a life) I had Todd Gurley as the best RB to leave college since Adrian Peterson and since I've had AP for his entire career,I feel good about Gurley.
A knee injury knocked Gurley down a bit,but he started practicing today and is above his scheduled return time.
It may take time for Gurley to be the regular workhorse and Tre' Mason might be a good idea if you draft Gurley,but tabbing him might win your league...

2) Brandon Cooks WR New Orleans Saints
Cooks was the Saints first rounder in 2014 and was projected to put up big numbers.
Instead,he was just OK and an injury finished his season after ten games.
This year,without Jimmy Graham,the Saints passing game is going to run through Cooks and I wanted him with my second first rounder (8th overall),but he went before that.
Cooks is sitting on a great season...

3) Travis Kelce TE Kansas City Chiefs
I picked Travis Kelce in the second round and I think Kelce,who was huge in the last five games for the Chiefs will be the red zone target for the weak armed Alex Smith,
Kelce caught 80 percent of the passes thrown to him last season (an excellent number) and when people knock him for having Alex Smith as his QB,smile and take Kelce,who will benefit from Smith's average talent..

4) T.J.Yeldon RB Jacksonville Jaguars
Yeldon went elsewhere in my draft and some worry about him being in Jacksonville.
My response is that Yeldon is a 15-20 carry a game back and can catch the ball,so you have a three down back in the making.
Besides,look at the Jaguars passing game and tell me which is more likely-The Jaguars winning games by running or passing?

5) Charles Johnson WR Minnesota Vikings
Johnson,who the Browns had on their practice squad injured for a year before a odd decision to release him,had a strong final month and seems to have a good rapport with Teddy Bridgewater.
Johnson was a pick of mine in my dynasty league and could help you in your regular ones as well....

Bonus Defender
Stephone Anthony LB New Orleans Saints
I know many of you don't play IDP (individual defensive players),but we have from day one (2015 will be our 16th year) and frankly,I'd never play in a league with team defense.
IDP is for the true football fanatic and once the hardcore player tries it,I'd bet they never go back to team defenses.
Anthony was the Saints first rounder out of Clemson and will be installed as the Saints middle linebacker,which means lots of tackles from day one.
I coveted Anthony so much (big numbers,plus I watch lots of Saints games) that when he wasn't picked by me (went just before I was ready to swoop in),I made sure to make a trade to secure his services.
I expect him to be so good that he'll be in the running for keeper consideration for 2016...

Hope you enjoyed this cheat sheet and stay tuned for five players that could break your fantasy team soon....

No comments: