Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Meet Posey!

As the final hectic weeks of summer round the turn and head for home,I wanted to find the time to tell you about our new addition to our family.

With the baseball season ending in just a few weeks and work back to wanting me there more for overtime,time is sometime short for this and the podcast.( I have big plans for the podcast,just let me get through these next few weeks!)

Many of you know about Posey (today is her one week anniversary with us),but I haven't had time to introduce her yet.
Posey was named after the San Francisco Giants catcher,but it clicked as the name seemed to fit a petite,female dog
She is a Maltese-Pekingese mix (She looks far more Maltese than Pekingese) that I wouldn't have even connected Pekingese with at all.
I was looking for Cavalier King Charles Spaniels,but Posey just seemed to be exactly what we were looking for.
She weighs roughly five pounds and won't get much bigger.
She was overlooked a few times when we saw her,but she seemed such a good fit for us.
Energetic as puppies are,but not over the top and a really loving dog that "seems" to appreciate her new home.

Posey arrives two years after the loss of our beloved Teddy.
I loved that dog so much and I always thought I'd want a new dog immediately when he went away.
It didn't work that way and it took a long time for the pain to subside.
It never truly goes away,but time does sometimes allow new friends to help deal with the loss.

So with that,please welcome Posey to our family like we have and if you stop by the house,hopefully you'll love her as much as we do!

No comments: