Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Jessica Rosales Interview-Part Three

TRS: How did it come about for you to work with Golden Boy and their FS1 cards?

JR: I was brought on by Monica Sears, who had always envisioned this ringside reporter position. And its one of my greatest accomplishments to know that this is a position that Golden Boy and I molded and have grown and really made it what it is today. I was given a lot of trust to bring this position to life and I like to think that I’ve helped out in making something that is informative, entertaining and hopefully something that boxing fans enjoy. The biggest compliments are from fans saying they appreciate my work. The thank yous mean a lot more than I think people know, just because of the fact that we made this position from scratch and brought it to life and I’m very happy with what we’ve made it and where it is now!

 TRS:Were you a boxing fan before taking the job?

 JR: YES!

 TRS: Who were your favorite fighters growing up?

 JR: Boxing growing up was always a family affair. We would buy the PPV fights and have family over and it was always good times! My Grandma would be the one cheering the loudest and I loved seeing her so passionate!! Growing up we never missed any fights with Julio Cesar Chavez or Oscar De La Hoya and they are definitely some of my favorites. I even saw one of Oscar’s fights with my best friend Amber in Vegas!! so a real “pinch me” moment came last year when we had a Golden Boy Live show in Las Vegas…Oscar sat next to me during the broadcast and we were talking boxing…and all I could think was WOW…is this happening!? I’ve been very fortunate to have the opportunities I’ve had, and i am thankful for that every day!

 TRS: You have done a lot of the work on the Los Angeles cards,do you think that GBP has been able to lock down the L.A area?

 JR: Golden Boy is in LA every first Thursday of the month with LA Fight Club at the Belasco Theater, and I think the sold out crowds speak highly to the support that GBP and their fighters receive from boxing fans here in SoCal. Its a big deal, what Oscar and GBP have done to bring boxing on a monthly basis to LA and I think LA Fight Club is quickly becoming a staple in Los Angeles and not only with boxing fans, but celebrities as well and people in the LA area that have never been to a boxing match before. If you have not been yet, go!!! Its an amazing, intimate atmosphere and you’ll quickly understand why this is becoming the hot spot in DTLA on Thursday nights.

 TRS: With the loss of the GBP contract with FS1,will you be able to move with GBP to another network or are you signed with FS1?

 JR: I love working for GBP, I consider the people I am lucky enough to work with great friends of mine and as long as they’ll have me, I will continue to be a part of the GBP family!

Check back soon for the final part of our interview with Jessica Rosales!

No comments: