Robert Griffin had an 18 yard touchdown run in the third quarter with two Cody Parkey field goals to account for the Browns scoring.
The 0-14 Browns host San Diego on Saturday (Yes,Saturday).
1) Robert Griffin is cooked as an NFL quarterback.
This is not revolutionary thinking,but all the excuses by Hue Jackson and Pep Hamilton for Griffin after the Bengals game were basically for naught.
Griffin's run for a score was impressive enough,but even that came more from a push by Preston Brown across the line than Griffin's nose for the line.
2) The play that summed Griffin up was a reckless scramble,rolled out near the sidelines,stepped out of bounds and then threw the ball away.
Yes.that is the correct order in how that happened..
3) 280 yards rushing allowed.
4) Terrelle Pryor finished with just 19 yards on four catches.
Clearly there is little to no chemistry between Pryor and Robert Griffin after two games together...
5) Running back Pro-I did like the Browns getting Duke Johnson into the game plan more this week.
Johnson had 20 touches for over 90 yards,so that's good news.
6) Running back Con-One week after a strong game,Isaiah Crowell had just eight carries.
Every week,the Browns say that they are going to run the football and then don't.
7) Forgotten big play of the game-The Bills lead 10-3 late in the first half and face a third and 22.
Stop Buffalo and the Browns likely are in this thing going into the break.
Cleveland then allows Tyrod Taylor to hit Marquise Goodwin for a 23 yard gain,the drive continues and Buffalo scores for a 17-3 lead at the half...
8) Emanuel Ogbah had the team's only sack as he continues to thrive in his return to defensive end.
This team doesn't have many building blocks,but imagining Ogbah on one side with Myles Garrett of Texas A&M on the other is a pleasant thought.
9) The Browns did activate former Bengals WR Mario Alford to return kicks and Alford did the best job that the Browns have seen all season with a kick return long of 24 yds and a punt of 12.
On most teams,that would be nothing special,but on this one....
10) You know what's most dreadful about this?
All of these draft picks and other than Ogbah and maybe Corey Coleman (Handicapped by bad quarterbacking),I just don't see how the draft picks are contributing.
The Buffalo News held up the Browns as how to do a total rebuild,but looking at how their picks have performed,it makes you wonder about the people making these selections.
On an 0-14 team,you have 3rd round picks (Shon Coleman) and 4th rounders (Joe Schobert,Ricardo Louis) that cannot even get onto the field.
That says a lot.
11) The Chargers game is one of the few that I circled at the beginning of the season that was winnable.
Looking at the Chargers record (5-9),off the field turmoil (move to LA?), warm weather team coming to Cleveland and Christmas Eve for a meaningless game,this could be a winnable game,if all falls right....