Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hit the Music


The New Jersey Devils were thoroughly outplayed in the second and third periods and as a result,dropped a 4-1 decision and fell behind in the series three games to one.
The Devils must now sweep the final three games (2 of those 3 would be home games) in order to advance.
One misstep and the season is over.
Ilya Kovalchuk scored the Devils only goal and the games first on the power play.

Hell Raisers

1) It looks to me that Jamie Langenbrunner has mailed his game in since the end of the regular season.
I expect more than that from the team captain.

2) Many Devils bloggers are bagging on Ilya Kovalchuk for not being a fit for the Devils and that the team should not make an effort to re-sign him.
I disagree although I do see the awkward fit that Kovalchuk has had at times meshing with the Devils.
That can easily be overcome by a training camp together working on the type of cohesiveness that only repetition can bring.

3) Martin Brodeur allowed one soft goal,but the other were not bad.
Marty will get blame for this series as well,but it is not justified.
A solid Game 3 from his teammates and Brodeur would have stolen that one and 2-2 looks loads better than down 3-1..

4) The Devils power play has been its usual lackluster self,but the main difference in this series has been the Devils surprising troubles in even strength situations..
In the two losses in Philadelphia,the Devils did not score an even strength goal.
That will not get it done...

5) I picked the Devils to win this series and although I did forecast some concern about the Flyers superior talent down the middle,the series has been even more dominant than I expected in those spots.
I am so tired of Rob Niedermayer that I could scream.

6) Coming soon,changes for the New Jersey Devils?
Is it a column here or will Lou Lamoriello make some wholesale changes for the first time in what seems like years???

I have been called into work tonight,so no promises on posts,but I should have the Browns draft preview ready for tomorrow.
The Seahawks preview isn't looking good for being done though.
I will try to get the On the Signing Front up over the next few days that features our trip to Harrisburg and our first chance at Stephen Strasburg.

Photo Credit-Jim McIssac-Getty Images

No comments: