Friday, May 11, 2012

Blame it on the Bossa Nova..

Sorry for missing yesterday.
I was working on a feature post that has nothing to do with sports at the road office and suddenly the person that provides my gift of the internet turned said net off and instantly ended my online evening.
In any event,I put the PC on sleep so that I did not lose the work that I did finish,so I hope to finish it tonight.

I know that some of you are disappointed with the lack of baseball coverage thus far,but I just have not had as much time.
I did see the last two games of the Washington series for the Pirates,but last night's fiasco occurred in the fourth inning of the MASN replay,so I did not have that finished for a planned two game recap.
I hope to kick that in gear shortly or rather in a month or so as that means the Devils will keep their run continuing.

The advantage of the laptop (internet included) is that I am able to sleep when I get home instead of working on the blog.
My sleep has improved,so I am not minding,but I will address this issue if and when this becomes a recurring problem.

I hope the Pirates game tonight is finished before I leave for work as I am looking forward to seeing as my favorite Pirates starter James McDonald takes on Astro strikeout machine and long time blog favorite Bud Norris.

Not surprised that Erik Bedard is injured again,this time with back spasms.
Bedard appears to be doomed to be a solid pitcher that just can never stay healthy.

Keep an eye out at Nationals Prospects for my upcoming look at the Hagerstown Suns.
I hope to have that delivered by Monday....

Looks like next weekends Lamont Peterson -Amir Khan rematch is off due to high testosterone test by the champion Peterson.
Peterson claims it was medically prescribed and he had better hope so or his titles are gone and will be likely to be suspended for a year....

HBO looks to be working on signing 175 pound champ Chad Dawson with 168 pound titlist Andre Ward on the summer tour.
The fight sounds nice between the two champs,but will likely result in a dull fight.

Sorry to hear about the recent passing of the Hawaiian bomber Andy Ganigan at the age of 59.
Ganigan was often featured on the weekend sports boxing shows on the networks (remember those?) for his big punch and exciting bouts.
Ganigan is most remembered for his dropping of Alexis Arguello in his only lightweight title shot before losing and his two round demolition of Sean O'Grady in the bout that essentially ended O'Grady's career as a serious contender.

No comments: