Sunday, June 9, 2013

Answering a few questions...

Nothing major here,so I thought I would use the morning to answer a few questions over the last few weeks.

The first question is why the day to day baseball coverage has dwindled and my answer is this-I don't have as much day to day time as I used to with hitting the graphing circuit and making more of an attempt to stay and watch more Suns games.
I had decided to try to do more of that this year and with the turn of negotiations to keep the team turning towards leaving,I want to continue to do that while I can still do so.
I am sure that I'll still be going to games often in Frederick,Harrisburg and even Fredericksburg,should the team actually leave,but when that happens,I'll be home more and some day to day coverage would return under those conditions.

Another question that I get on occasion is this-What's with the Giants gear and where's the Pirates?
That's an easy question.
On my last birthday,Cherie bought me a new yellow Pirate hat to replace the battered old model and she went to Mickey's Place in Cooperstown,where she had bought hats in the past for me (New York Baseball Giants and a late 60's Indians).
I have a picture or two on my facebook page wearing the hat,but it had several small green stains that likely happened this way-as a size 8 hat,it was on the bottom of the pile and either was damaged from time sitting there or was a factory flawed model.
When I returned the hat,they were out of Pirates (yellow or black model),so I needed to find a hat in my size and with the available choices,I chose a Giants,not knowing of the new Cool Base style.
The Cool Base is just that-cool,I don't sweat as much wearing it and it is the most comfortable hat I own.
As far as the rest-that's simple too.
The Giants have been good on the field,which means more stuff available in fat man sizes,so when the Pirates and/or Indians get good and stay there,it will be easier to buy larger stuff with their logos...

Another question I get is why the Giants Prospects site hasn't been updated in a while.
Not enough time and looking back,I didn't do enough planning on what I really wanted the site to be.
I still haven't abandoned the site (although it looks like it) but I would wager not much will go on until the end of the season when I can sit down and create a vision for it....

Next question is what I do have planned for the summer besides baseball and for those of you that know me,this should surprise you.
Knowing how much I generally hate pictures of me (as Jim Bouton said in Ball Four,I dissolve camera lenses),and hating to look at what I've become,saying that my next project would be one that features pictures of me would be a mild surprise to a shocking one.
The tentative plan is for me to travel locally to take pictures of me and the places that were important to me at one time or another.
The idea came from my impending 45th birthday and decided to do something different as the summer goes by.
One never knows who you might meet up with on the way!

And finally,we finish with this-what's with the mascot pictures?
Well,my buddy Derreck and I just fell into it after a silly conversation in Harrisburg with the Red Robin (which looks more like a Cardinal) and just like graphing is a collecting obsession,I suppose this is an obsession as well,right Derreck?
Silly and funny oftens equals fun.

Back tomorrow with more from my mind....










No comments: