Saturday, May 24, 2014

27 years

Nope,that isn't our anniversary post for the blog,its 27 years of marriage for me and the lovely Cherie.

Now that makes me reflect in a positive manner because it's been a really nice run.
I've never been overly demonstrative about how happy our marriage has been,because often times the people that brag about how great things are become the same people that proclaim how bad things are on Facebook!
However,when it comes to these type of benchmarks,I attempt to put into writing how I feel about the love of my life.
I have told the story before that saw us get together,but what I'd like to get across is how things never really changed.
My wife is the person that I go to first when I need to vent and the person that I look for first when seeking counsel.
She may not be knowledgeable about everything or I may not even use the tack that she proposes,but her voice is consistently speaking with one intent-whats best for me,even if it isn't the way I'd handle things.

Cherie is the kindest and gentlest soul that I know and I've never met anyone with the grace and heart that she has,but she can be downright dogged in determination if she believes that I've been wronged.
People that think that the little quiet gal is laid back have been stunned to deal with the tiger that comes out when your author has been messed with.
Ask quite a few over the years from the fellow in the middle of a football game that I was playing in to baseball mothers that were overly aggressive to family members-Cherie is not one to be messed with when she comes to my defense.

But those times have been scarce over the years,as she brings such a warmth and spirit to all that know her,Cherie has a calmness that can defuse the upset and she always has what's best for me (you) in the end.
Cherie is quite devout in her faith in God and despite the fact that I don't share that with her,she has never made it an issue in our marriage by being overbearing about it,although I'm sure that she hasn't given up on me yet!
Cherie also has been tireless in her passion for homeschooling both of our children and she believes wholeheartedly in our decision to teach our children at home that has been proven to be the right one.

Cherie has stuck by me as I've changed from the headstrong young man that believed he knew all the answers to the paunchy middles aged man that,well,still thinks that he has all the answers.
I would be the first to say that Cherie has been the difference in a good life for me and she deserves all the credit for keeping me together enough to enjoy it.
Thanks for 27 great years and the numbers are just going to keep getting larger.....

No comments: