Friday, May 9, 2014

It's Johnny Cleveland!

The Cleveland Browns moved up from 26 to 22 at the cost of a third-round pick to deal with the Philadelphia Eagles and take the most polarizing player in the draft in Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.

The Browns sent the third-rounder that they obtained from Pittsburgh during last year's draft to flip flop from 26 to 22, so they still have picks in the second and third rounds on Friday night.

I like the pick and the cost, but I have no qualms about making this statement-this could be the pick that returns the Cleveland Browns to prominence.
It could also be the pick that could be looked at in the rearview mirror as one that set the Browns back years in their attempt to return to the top.

Johnny Manziel has a huge upside and he also could be a huge bust.
I know you could say anything about any of these players picked in the draft, but looking at the entire package, Johnny Manziel comes to Cleveland with a tag of boom or bust that has not been seen in the NFL in many years.
Honestly, I cannot think offhand (Long day and I'm tired) of a player that exceeds Manziel in carrying that tag and I'm trying hard to come up with one!

I'll be reviewing the draft more as it moves on and time permitting, I might be doing another post on Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel later today, but for now. I'm pretty happy...

No comments: