Friday, August 8, 2014

Graphing Disillusionment

Different things have arisen in the hobby that I have so much fun in and suddenly I find myself questioning a future in the hobby.

I'm not going to get into things in detail,but one of my close friends is upset and therefore I'm upset.
Every hobby has its issues,if you do something socially,these things can happen,but when it starts to bother the friends that you have made,then it's time to reevaluate.

So I did overnight.
I thought about the bad things of our hobby.
People that are rude,have a negative opinion about what we do,make things tougher on getting things finished etc are all bad things.
And some of the hobby has a certain degree of bad acting ranging from the business of sports all the way to the interaction between collectors,but I suppose any hobby that involves other people has some of that.

When you think of that,it's easy to feel disillusioned.
However,then you have to measure the good and there's where things clear up.
I have made so many great friends,seen so many things,met so many people that I never would have before and gotten to do more than watch games on my couch (anything that gets a fat man moving is a good thing) and none of those would have happened without baseball and this crazy hobby.

I coached for ten years and I feel overall that it was a positive experience (Bet the lovely Cherie doesn't quite see it that way),I made one of my best friends that way,but it had so much negative parts too.
I don't look at graphing that way.
Other than the occasional idiot (and more often than not,they are amusing more than infuriating),I don't have a ton of negative things to write about.

All things considered,it's a pretty neat thing that I participate in.
People have come and people have left the hobby,but I think I'll stick around for a while....

No comments: