Thursday, September 10, 2015

Browns waive Terrelle Pryor,add Robert Turbin

Before I begin,a housecleaning word-My PC has been awful all day-to the point of being ready to buy a new one this evening!
However,I have gotten it moving a bit now after all day problems,so as long as it's rolling-I'm going to try to save more money to buy a new one...

The plan is this,since the PC is unreliable at this point,I plan on moving the Browns podcast preview up to tonight from the road office in order to have it (hopefully) uploaded in case of potential issues...

I mentioned the Browns signing Austin Davis as another quarterback a few days and I don't have a problem with that.
Davis was at least average (11 TD 9 INT) in a starting stint forced by injury with the Rams and for free to be a backup for Josh McCown (compare the stats of Davis in 2014 with those of McCown),I think its a decent enough addition.

The Browns looked like they were going to continue the conversion of former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor to wide receiver after his appearance in the final pre-season game in which he took snaps and did everything but catch a pass.
Pryor made the final 53 man roster,but Mike Pettine said yesterday that the team had little time for projects,which seemed odd at the time.
It made sense today as the Browns waived Pryor in favor of former Seahawk running back Robert Turbin.

I'll write more on Turbin in a bit,but first this.
I'm not sold on Terrelle Pryor.
Now that's because I've never seen him catch a football in a game more than anything else because athletically,Pryor certainly has the skills to make this move.
The problem that I have with the release goes back to Mike Pettine's statement about carrying projects-The Browns had to know that Pryor was going to be a work in progress,if they weren't willing to be part of that,they were wasting both theirs and Pryor's time.
That is just so typical Browns-wasting time with something that in the end seemed that few were interested in....

Robert Turbin has been the caddy (along with Christine Michael,who was just traded to Dallas) for Marshawn Lynch in Seattle,but the sudden availability of veteran Fred Jackson made the Seahawks willing to let both young backs go.
Turbin is suffering from a high ankle sprain that will keep him sidelined for the first few weeks of the season,but Turbin is easily a good addition for the waiver price.
Turbin has the capability to be in the hunt as the Browns top back and you rarely get those type of players off waivers.
Although I liked Michael better,Turbin at that price is a theft,once he gets to full speed,which won't be a while....
I just wish that the Browns could have found someone else to waive to order to add Turbin....

As I wrote,I plan on the Browns podcast tonight and maybe even the PPM while things are running smooth....


No comments: