Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It's the food tournament!

Thanks to a comment by a Facebook friend ( Thanks,Krista!),I was struck by the idea of a tournament of my favorite foods/places to eat!
You can vote here,on the TRS Facebook page,on my personal FB page if you are a friend or even email them to me like my buddy Big Don does!

The ground rules.
These are all things that I like with a few exceptions needed to fill out a bracket.
If you don't see something you like,it either didn't make my cut or I've never tried it.
Samples or gift cards gratefully accepted by the management....

Yes,I know there are six brackets,my tourney,my rules.
Fast Food,Sit down/Casual,Candy/Cookies,Snack Foods,Pizza/Subs and Soda

I realize that many of my favorites will lose quickly.
Maryland staples will likely fall to national brands as will Ohio's versions,but I love them and they deserved to represented.

I will also try to add links for the items of less familiarity to help voters take a look and maybe give them a try....

I think that covers it,take a look and enjoy the tourney as we lighten things up a little here.

We start in round one of the Fast Food Bracket as A&W Root Beer battles Dairy Queen.
A&W is a national chain,but my heart remains with their stand in Ashland Ohio,that is still open,but uses the name Ashland Wooster Drive In so they can be an independent operation.
Keep in mind the A&W chain can be used  as well for those of you that have eaten there as well....



No comments: