Friday, March 1, 2013
Jets jab Devils 3-1
However,as I drove into work,Ladd scored again on a 4 on 4 goal and the Jets added an empty net goal for a 3-1 win in Winnipeg.
New Jersey travels to Buffalo Saturday afternoon...
1) The Andrew Ladd goal to start the game was the fastest the Devils had ever allowed to start a game.
Not a record that you want to have...
2) I missed the second Ladd goal,so I don't know whether that was a bad goal or not,but Johan Hedberg played well.
Hedberg was hung out to dry on the first one and was the main reason that the Devils hung around and had a chance to win.
3) I liked the drive to the net on the Andrei Loktionov goal.
Loktionov just put his shoulder down and bull rushed his defenseman,keeping his body away from the puck and then aggressively took the puck to the goal.
Very impressive as he has scored points (2 goals,2 assists) in each of the last four games.
4) Adam Henrique may be struggling with scoring,but his penalty killing is still strong as he made two different plays on the PK that were phenomenal,one coming without his stick and super play on a five on three kill.
Henrique has been seeing more time at left wing of late and that could mean a winger is sent down to Albany when Ryan Carter returns,which could be Saturday.
5) More power play problems as three more chances went by the wayside.
The Devils rely too much on Ilya Kovalchuk and Marek Zidlicky to get things started and teams are beginning to push the outer edge of the umbrella and as a result make those two shoot from further out,if at all.
Photo Credit:AP Photo