Friday, November 29, 2013

Random Thoughts

Slow news day,but here are a few thoughts on a few things!

I mix up what I watch between the various news networks.
I think CNN does the best job covering breaking news,but many of their personalities are less than exciting.
I used to watch MSNBC,but other then Morning Joe with Joe Scarbrough and Mika Brzezinski,I've found their network has gone downhill since they left Keith Olbermann without a contract.
On off days,I'll check Al-Jazeera (AJTV are not on work cable)
out from time to time since they hired Nicole Mitchell (remember our five part interview with her?) as the morning meteorologist.
I tend to watch Fox in the mid-morning to early afternoon,but other than the Kelly File,I cannot stand the evening Fox lineup.
But,I must admit-when Christi Paul fills in for CNN or HLN,I go there everytime!
Christi's energy is infectious and when you work my hours,you need as much of that as you can get!
Christi walks the tightrope of being high energy without being obnoxious about it.
I'd root for one of the Atlanta networks to give her a show of her own,but with my luck-it would be at a time that I couldn't watch!

It's Thanksgiving weekend and it always makes me think of the only game that ever meant as much to me ( at one time) as Ohio State-michigan.
I've written before about Barry Switzer's Oklahoma teams being the only teams to rank as high in my heart as the Buckeyes,but the holiday weekend brings back memories of the dead rivalry between Oklahoma and Nebraska.
That game was often played on Thanksgiving friday,when the game meant Big 8 titles,Orange Bowl trips and often national championships.
Wishbone and option football on display along with some of the best running game talent around,the game is no longer played with Nebraska leaving for the Big 10.
Pity,I miss it...

Still angry about not being able to find 7UP 10 anywhere.
After falling in love with the low calorie,regular taste version of the greatest drink created by man,only my local Target sold it and now they don't either!
Diet 7up is great,but 7up 10 is even better!
The next time I see it someplace,I'm stocking up and if it's on sale on that occasion-look out,my car might be scraping the back fender on the ground due to weight!

I'm asked often around this time of year "Do you do Black Friday?".
I resist the urge to say "Hi,I'm Shawn-have we met?" and use the truth-I am always at work on Black Friday,but even so I think my personality wouldn't mesh well with the routine that goes on these things.
After all,I'll be busy watching Oklahoma-Nebraska,Oh wait..Never mind...

Finally,I wrap up with this-a few thanks since it is the season.
Thanks to my lovely wife and daughter for taking care of the author everyday.
Few people are lucky enough to have the freedom that I have combined with the level of caring that Cherie and Rachel give to me.

Thanks to Ryan as he goes onto the next station in his life as he moves a few hours away.
It is always a bit melancholy when your first born moves out,let alone away,but I wish the best for him in his newest adventure.

Finally,thanks to all my friends,old and new.
I don't want to get into all of you,but from friends for years all the way to my autographing buddies and to some of you that read this without knowing me at all...
Thanks to all of you and I hope to have some fun stuff for you coming up over the winter as I am working on more interviews for the cold season!!!!

No comments: