Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cleaning out the inbox

The inbox is stuffed.
Stuffed to the point of not covering it all in one post,so here is the most recent notes of well,note with more to come later this week...

I love Sriracha Hot Sauce.
I'm a Frank's guy in general,but the Sriracha is awesome on meatballs and breaded chicken,so I'm a big fan.
Apparently,Sriracha is having problems with the city of Irwindale,California and it could (emphasis on could) wind up being an issue with making the sauce!
The Irwindale factory is the only American factory that makes it,so an already not cheap sauce (3.50 a bottle) could be even more expensive and harder to find.
This link will tell you plenty that you need to know about Sriracha.

We blogged recently about the retirement of Chico Resch from the New Jersey Devils television broadcasts.
Randy Miller did this interview with Chico that is pretty wide ranging and a good read.

Diane Firstman raps out an article on good ol' Strat O Matic baseball.
I always love these types of articles as they remind me of a lonely little boy that fell in love with a game that always gave back.

ESPN gets another mention with this article on the long list of failed Chicago Cubs managers.
That is a tough job that has chewed up both good and bad managers,so a history of these fellows can be both interesting and funny at the same time.

I haven't been much of a NASCAR follower for quite a while now,but what made NASCAR fun was the old fashioned good ol' boys that beat on each others cars and often each other.
This post on one of them in Donnie Allison caught my eye and it proved to be quite a throwback to the days when the sport was far from corporate...

The work on Cleveland's League Park continues as the original home of the Indians is being fixed up.
I still want to see this when it's all finished and thanks to my favorite Aunt Becky for the note.

There was one particular link in the inbox that I was going to add,but I think I want to make that a feature post.
There are still plenty to clean from the inbox,so look for another inbox dumping of goodies later this week...


No comments: