Friday, April 18, 2014

I miss all the good stuff

I have a knack.
It's a knack for missing lots of things at the ballpark that I wish I didn't.
Last year, I stayed home to watch the NFL Draft and missed the argument of the year between a grapher and the then-clubhouse manager for the Suns, which has become legendary since.

This year, it looks like I missed another as I went home from a Suns game vs Lakewood after graphing pre-game, and then Rachel was ready to go after two innings of some pretty bad fielding by the Blue Claws.
Apparently, .our great friend Derreck was telling the truth about City Councilman Kristin Aleshire's position on the stadium for the Hub City and someone didn't like it.
Aleshire's position has been to try to be on every possible side of the position, so I have a special place for him in the echelon of politicians that are basically full of it.

Derreck had some extra fuel in him on this night and made clear how much he disliked Aleshire's routine- read alcohol.
Make that loudly clear.
It was pretty clear to me when he talked to me on the phone that he had gassed up plenty at the tank, but if you are going to serve cheap beer, fans that like to imbibe are going to do so.
Mr. Aleshire's brother was in attendance, from what I've been told. and didn't care for the opinion or likely how it was told.
However, (perhaps smartly, all things considered), he didn't approach Derreck but instead went to someone from the team.
Likely a good decision, if not the most courageous, but it was Big Tony (Suns concession worker) that talked to Derreck about settling down.

I don't know if this is how it went as I wasn't there, but Derreck hasn't lied to me yet, so it's likely to be generally correct.
These things happen, I suppose and had I been there, I wouldn't have been drinking, I could have stated my opposition to the political maneuverings of Kristin Aleshire and done it in a way that no one could have used alcohol as an excuse.
It's unfair to hold anyone accountable for the actions of a sibling, but considering the role that someone's sibling had in a civic institution leaving town-I might either A) stay away or at least B) keep it quiet that I'm there, if I truly didn't want trouble.

In the end, one thing cannot be denied- Once again, I miss the good stuff.

No comments: