Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pacquiao vs Bradley

Manny Pacquiao is facing a defining fight tonight in Las Vegas against Timothy Bradley.
I thought Pacquiao clearly defeated Bradley in their first fight by a wide margin only to be denied on the scorecards by myopic judging.
Since then Pacquiao has been knocked cold by Juan Manuel Marquez and then won a lopsided decision over Brandon Rios that he dominated yet didn't thrill anyone like the Manny of old.
Since Bradley's "win", he fought perhaps the only exciting fight of his career against Ruslan Provodnikov, being dropped three times and losing on my card and then defeating Marquez in a close fight that I scored a draw.

I've never been a Pacquiao fan  (I'm a Marquez guy), although I respect him immensely.
I've also never been a Timothy Bradley fan either.
Through boring fights (Provodnikov excepted), getting every close decision (and one that wasn't even close), I've never bought into Bradley other than giving him credit for battling back after being hurt in several fights.

A Pacquaio win that is impressive and the drums start sounding again for Floyd Mayweather.
A Bradley win that is impressive could see the sounds for Bradley vs Mayweather.
Top Rank might prefer the winner against the Juan Manuel Marquez-Mike Alvarado winner, but we'll see.

I think a motivated Manny whips Bradley solidly again, his style seems to be the anti-Bradley-power punches thrown in combinations that overwhelm the more basic Bradley.
The question is this-Is Pacquiao motivated by more than money?
If so, he has the tools to win this by a mile (again), but if not?
Bradley could take advantage and win, but I doubt it...

Our pick-Pacquiao Unanimous decision
R.L's pick-Pacquiao KO 10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OT: The May 2,2015 MayweatherVsPacquiao Megafight is coming very soon. Get this must have Signed Everlast Boxing Gloves and wear it while witnessing the greatest fight of all time on May 2!