Thursday, May 8, 2014

Browns trade down,take Justin Gilbert

The Cleveland Browns had their chance to take my guy in the draft in Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins.

In a stunner, they didn't as they shipped the 4th pick to Buffalo for the 9th pick and the Bills 1st and 4th rounders next season.

Cleveland then tossed Minnesota a fifth-rounder to move from 9th to 8th and then selected the best corner in the draft in Justin Gilbert of Oklahoma State.

The six-foot Gilbert is the best cover guy in the draft and has a career of making interceptions as a Cowboy.
I have been pointing for years as corner as a huge need and I am happy to see Gilbert stay in orange.

I still wish Sammy Watkins would have been the choice at four and I think that the Browns didn't get enough help for 2014 by making the deal to drop five spots.

I'll be back later with more on my take on Justin Gilbert... 

No comments: