Monday, May 26, 2014

Where's the baseball?

I've been asked this question before,but again recently-Where's the baseball?

Well,the easy answer is I'm away,but the hard answer is that even when I've been home to watch a game,I haven't been putting recaps up.
I might change that today with two games.
The Indians and one of my favorites in Josh Tomlin are in Chicago against the White Sox,which means that I can have a Hawk Harrelson broadcast and then when that's over,I can flip over and catch the Giants in progress against the Cubs.

I love baseball,but one thing that makes it great (it's around every day) is the thing that takes away the urgency to write.
If I skip a Browns or Buckeyes game,I wait an entire week to write on another,while baseball almost always can provide another chance the next day.
At this time of year,there is another factor as well.
The major league teams are still reluctant to tinker with their teams after convincing themselves that their moves during the winter will make them contenders,they don't want to give up on a player too early.
That means fewer personnel moves and then fewer posts about said moves.

Even taking that into consideration,I still love to write about baseball and I could write on baseball issues more than any other sport.
That may be because baseball's system is broken more than the other sports,but that gives me even more to write about the games problems and perhaps how to fix it.
I could write more about the Hagerstown Suns and on the field,there is plenty to be positive about,but even with all the winning,there still is the fog hanging over the stadium with a team that is destined to leave,a city determined to let them and a ownership group that is playing out the string.

I need to find more time to write,more time to think about posts about baseball and I'm working on it.
Anymore,my sleep is getting worse and worse and if I am going to be up,then I might as well take advantage of being awake!

Just thought that I would explain a bit and let the record should just why things are what they are..

No comments: