Monday, May 26, 2014

Stevenson outpoints Fonfara and Boxing Challenge.

R.L.Malpica took 3 more points than I on Saturday night and regained the Boxing Challenge lead by one point at 38-37.

Adonis Stevenson retained his WBC Lt.Heavyweight title via unanimous decision over Andreji Fonfara.
Stevenson was floored in round nine,while Fonfara went down in round one.
I scored the bout for Stevenson 115-111.
Both R.L and I earned one point for picking Stevenson.

Jhonny Gonzalez took a technical unanimous decision over Clive Atwell to keep his WBC Featherweight belt over 10 rounds.
R.L. took two points for the unanimous win,while I earned one for picking Gonzalez.

Each of us earned two points for Jermell Charlo's unanimous but dull win over Charlie Ota,but R.L added two points for David Lemieux's KO win over Fernando Guerrero in a bout that I regretted picking Guerrero almost as soon as I made the pick!
These things happen sometimes!

The challenge continues this weekend with a big series of picks on fights from overseas including the big Carl Froch-George Groves rematch...

No comments: