Sunday, November 2, 2014

Buckeyes,Devils,Work and Johnstown?

I've gotta be honest.
I had a long day yesterday and even though it was fun,it had a downside-I watched the Ohio State beatdown of woeful Illinois,but I don't really remember much of it.
I was kinda out of it and didn't pay as much attention as usual,so instead of wasting my time with a recap of a lopsided win that I watched without my usual eye for detail,I'm going to pass.
Except for a second half clothesline by Cardale Jones on an Illinois defender that I haven't seen since the heyday of Stan "The Lariat" Hansen,there really wasn't much to report.
The 55-14 win was 31-0 at the half and served as a prep for the showdown at Michigan State.
Want more than that? I'm sorry,but read the link!


Same for the Devils,who I watched the first period before the Buckeyes game started,but managed to pull the Rachel Daily Double as Adam Henrique and then Adam Larsson scored in the third period to rally to a 3-2 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Those are good things,but I had a good day as I spent the day in Johnstown Pa with my buddy Mike visiting his son John at his college there.
I was able to have lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube,always a plus,spent some time taking John around town to get things that he needed,but most importantly,I got to hang with friends.
It's a funny thing,despite me having gotten off work and still needing to go to work later that night,it still was a good time.
Johnstown was a good deal colder and an interesting town to drive through as we looked around the mountains,the old steel mills,railroad tracks and the fall colors.

I might have been tired and only half paying attention to the sports world,but it still was a pretty good day and thanks to Mike and John for having me.
I thoroughly enjoyed the chats of baseball and autographing with what I enjoy and what is eroding my interests.
Perhaps even a trip or two might have been hatched on this day,time will tell.

I have five days off (It's a miracle) and I'll be back with the Browns vs the Buccaneers,but I also have a special post or two planned!

No comments: