Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Zipless Devils Zapped by Winnipeg 3-1

A listless New Jersey Devils team started their four stop start to their Western Canadian swing with a dull effort than ended in a 3-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets.
Patrik Elias scored the only Devil goal (2 power play) in the final period to cut the lead to 2-1 before the Jets last goal put the game away.
I was able to watch all but the last seven minutes of this game,but will see for the Edmonton/Calgary run/
New Jersey  returns Friday in Edmonton...

Hell Raisers

1) Flat.
I just don't know what to say more than that.
I have plenty of complaints,but I'm just not sure if I can handle that many tonight...

2) Penalty kill still developing,but killed off five penalties without a goal.
A positive there,especially when you look at the five on three kill.
I hate to look at just one factor when scanning team numbers,but you just cannot escape that these numbers changed when Bryce Salvador left the lineup.

3) Cory Schneider report-Not bad,the second one could have been grabbed by Schneider,but I think that either Adam Larsson or Seth Helgeson could have made that play easier in front of the net...

4) Patrik Elias continues to show life with his first goal since the opener in Philadelphia.
Combine that with two assists and the previous game and hope for a Elias turnaround continues...

5) Adam Henrique returned to the lineup,but didn't make visible differences in play.
I'll give him the weekend back to backs to round into shape...

6) Still have that Devils look at the team's future planned.
I just need to have the time to knock it out.
I think you'll enjoy it...

No comments: