4-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres at the Rock.
Patrik Elias reached the 1,000 career point mark in the win with one goal (6) and two assists allowing him to reach the milestone.
The Devils also added goals from Mike Cammalleri (13 empty net),Travis Zajac (6 shorthanded) and Jordin Tootoo (3).
New Jersey will travel to Boston on Thursday for their next outing...
1) Patrik Elias still has another immediate "goal" to hit after hitting 1,000 points.
The 38 year old veteran's goal against Buffalo moved him to 399 for his career,which (of course) places him one short of 400.
I'm not sure that I would put Patrik Elias in the hockey hall of fame (I think they are a bit easy in who makes that hall of fame) ,but I'd bet that he makes it eventually.
2) Jordan Tootoo had to be thrilled when his wrister found the back of the net,but Cory Schneider might have been just as happy as he received the secondary assist.
The assist was the first for Schneider as a Devil...
3) Travis Zajac continues to show signs of chipping away at his slump with a breakaway shorthanded goal.
Zajac filled the lane and did exactly what you like to see players do in such a situation-drive hard to the net and finish the play.
I still the Zajac extension was a vast overpay,but it's nice to see the Devils beginning to get a little bit of a return on their investment...
4) Mark Fraser battled Chris Stewart in quite a battle after dropping the gloves.
Fraser has now fought in the last two games and I'm beginning to entertain the thought of the Devils beginning to frame a style that sees them attempting to be more aggressive.
Not saying that I'm right,but keep an eye on this potential strategy..
5) I realize the Devils are a bad hockey team,but seeing some of these other teams of late makes me think the Devils would have to get wholescale revamping in order to be so bad for them to be at the bottom of the Connor McDavid derby.
New Jersey may be bad,Buffalo and Carolina are almost beyond redemption at this point...